Des Moines, IA - Full-Time
Gold Creek Games is looking for a talented and motivated programmer to come work with us at our offices located at Mainframe in downtown Des Moines, Iowa.
As an up-and-coming games developer in the midwest, Gold Creek is looking to expand its presence in the area. We’re actively searching for game programmers that wish to be part of this growing team as we begin working on new platforms and enter the next stage of the company’s development.
Gold Creek is led by founder Houston Brayton, former Studio Director of Black Lantern Studios. The company is highly experienced in combining high-profile brands and licenses with fun and interactive game experiences. Over the past 5 years, Gold Creek has produced dozens of licensed HTML 5 games with millions of combined play sessions worldwide. As we continue to grow, we will include developing both licensed and top-tier original games on console and mobile platforms to our project slate.
This position is immediately available for hire.
- Gameplay programming
- Work closely with design and art to create and iterate on gameplay mechanics and features
- Ability to quickly prototype design concepts
- Support technical excellence of our games on multiple platforms
- Improve existing gameplay systems
- Contribute ideas toward all aspects of the game’s production and development
- Willingness to accept and respond to critical feedback
- Write robust, maintainable code
- Netcode experience a plus
- AI experience a plus
- Tools development a plus
- Unity and/or Phaser Engine development experience
- Experience with object-oriented programming (C#, C++)
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience
- High attention to detail
- Ability to review Game Design Documents and requirements, and then create playable gameplay code to design.
- Willingness to learn and self-educate
- Excellent communication skills, including written and spoken English
- Ability to work in the US for any employer
- A keen analytical mind, with strong problem-solving skills
- Strong math skills
- Well versed in games and the ability to articulate what is strong/weak about the design of existing games
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic, and able to work independently
- An in-depth understanding of how the gameplay works and how to create fun, meaningful experiences for the player.
- Passion for video games
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days & Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision Plan
- Competitive Pay
- Employee Profit-Sharing Plan
- Local Area Game Industry Activities (IGDA, Game Jams, Open Houses)
- Work with Top Tier Brands and Properties (Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, AND MORE)
- New and Exciting Projects Every Few Months
If you’d like to be part of our development team and think you’re a perfect fit, then we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch soon.
Gold Creek Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by Federal, State, or local law.
Send us an email with your resume and any relevant materials. Include the position title in the subject line.