UI / UX Artist and Designer
Des Moines, IA - Full-Time
Gold Creek Games is looking for a talented and motivated UI / UX Artist and Designer to come work with us at our offices located at Mainframe in downtown Des Moines, Iowa.
As an up and coming games developer in the midwest, Gold Creek is looking to expand its presence. We’re actively searching for a UI UX Artist and Designer that wishes to be part of this growing team as we begin working on new platforms and enter the next stage of the company’s development.
Gold Creek is led by founder Houston Brayton, former Studio Director of Black Lantern Studios. The company is highly experienced in combining high-profile brands and licenses with fun and interactive game experiences. Over the past 5 years, Gold Creek has produced dozens of licensed HTML 5 games with millions of combined play sessions worldwide. As we continue to grow, we will include developing both licensed and top-tier original games on console and mobile platforms to our project slate.
This position is immediately available for hire.
- Work closely with art and design to create and iterate on gameplay features
- Use rapid prototyping while ensuring that strong architectural and algorithmic decisions are made
- Be willing to accept and respond to critical feedback
- Collaborate with product management and programming to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to programming
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- High attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, including written and spoken English
- Ability to work in the US for any employer
- Well versed in games (an interest in children’s games is preferred)
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic, and able to work independently
- Passion for video games
- Proven UI experience
- Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, OmniGraffle, or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- BS/MS in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or related
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days & Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision Plan
- Competitive Pay
- Employee Profit-Sharing Plan
- Local Area Game Industry Activities (IGDA, Game Jams, Open Houses)
- Work with Top Tier Brands and Properties (Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, AND MORE)
- New and Exciting Projects Every Few Months
If you’d like to be part of our development team and think you’re a perfect fit, then we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch soon.
Gold Creek Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by Federal, State, or local law.
Send us an email with your resume and any relevant materials. Include the position title in the subject line.